Sunday, July 20, 2008

me puede llamar

Dominicans are such incredible people. We met this lady who actually asked if we could sit down with her and talk. She is catholic but was so incredibly open to what we had to say, and she didn't disagree with anything we had to say. We probably talked with her for 20 minutes about Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and mostly prophets. Basically the first lesson. And at the end, it was....I still don't know what to think. it was interesting. At the end I apologized for our Spanish and told her "don't worry! We're here for two years. We'll get it down!" And also I kinda bore my testimony saying that even though we can't really speak EVERYthing that we would like to, the things that we did say we knew were true. And she started to cry! She was mumbling some words and I didn't understand a word of what she was saying and so i didn’t know why she was crying! It was so confusing! But we got her number as we were leaving and she said "Me puede llamar" which means you can call me. And so we just stood there like What just happened? But she said we could call so sweet!

No comments: